Sunday, May 9, 2010

#21 You can practice yoga ANYWHERE

Share

I'll admit it. I used to make a lot of ridiculous excuses for why I couldn't practice yoga. If it wasn't in a nice studio, it just wouldn't do. Some of the beauts include:

1. The lighting in the room was too bright,
2. The lighting was too dark,
3. The temperature was too cold,
4. I didn't have enough wall space,
5. I didn't have enough floor space,
6. I hadn't vacuumed (see an early post discussing my ongoing predicament),
7. I was too tired, or energetic, or hungry, or had just eaten, or had eaten the wrong thing,
8. I had had a hectic day and wasn't in the right 'mind space'
9. I was upset,
10. I had plans,
11. I had to do the gardening I had put off for weeks,
12. The sky was the wrong shade of blue,
13. ....

You get the picture.

(I've saved you a space: inset your own reason in the comment section below)

Like most things in life there is no better time than the present. Excuses only help you put off what you really should be doing. In my case, I finally put on a sweater, laid in the bright sun, on the dusty floor, moved some furniture out of the way, and started practicing. The results? I'll let you know. I'm still discovering.

*I recent article in the NY Times illustrated this well: Yoga at the airport. Check out one of my past posts where I give a sequence to practice while you're on the plane.
Get This

No comments: