Monday, May 17, 2010

#29 Headbands are a cure-all

Share

I was living the good life a few years back. I was wearing the perfect bob. Perfect because my stylist is incredibly talented. Perfect for me because of my personality and lifestyle: low maintenance yoga instructor. Even when I was having a bad hair day I was doing well.

Then as we human creatures tend to do, I got bored. I wanted a change. I also knew I was going to be in the bridal party of a friend's wedding. I used that as an excuse and took the plunge. I decided to go for long hair again.

Most people would think this was a good choice. More options for styles, variations, and hair excessories. Not where I'm concerned. I'm still far from a pro when it comes to styling my hair at least in a time crunch. Give me a half hour, I can work magic. Give me 5 mins, it's not pretty.

Enter the headband. My new best friend. There's nothing better when teaching or taking a yoga class. Keeps the hair out of the face and makes me look (somewhat) put together. Except when I'm in an inversion, or some backbends, or in Savasana. Nevermind.

Maybe I'm just kidding myself. I swear there are days when even I can mess up a headband "look". Where do all those fly-aways come from anyways?!

Tell me - What's your hair salvation?

*Headband by Anthropology


Get This

No comments: