Tuesday, May 11, 2010

#23 Meditation is a 4-letter word

Share

Meditation is something I started to do later in life and by later I mean yesterday. I've dabbled in it before but it was never part of my routine. I would meditate when it was convenient or if I had the perfect opportunity, like at the dentist or when riding painfully slow public transit. Now I have a consistent practice because honestly I need it.

I've experienced and preached the benefits of meditation. I've taught meditation in my classes. So why did it take me so long to commit? No time, no desire, no proper meditation space (see a previous post on this doozy of an excuse), etc. , etc. Mainly though it's because meditation is HARD. We all know how easy it is to steer away from a challenge. I used to but not anymore.

Forget handstands and backbends. I'm hitting up the meditation....hard!

P.S. Another goal of mine is to set up a little meditation-inspired area in my garden. I've been inspired by some of the East-meets-West gardens I've seen on my travels including this one at the exquisite Ayrlington Hotel in Bath, England. I highly recommend you visit, if only to stroll in the garden.
Get This

No comments: