Thursday, May 27, 2010

#39 Being a teacher keeps me polite

Share

One upside to being a yoga teacher is I get to meet a lot of people; one downside is I get to meet a lot of people.

Allow me to illustrate. As a teacher, I've lost the little annonimity I once had. If I do something less than stellar in public, there's always the chance that someone who is or may become my student will notice. Gone are the days when I could go about my life in complete obscurity and think what I do doesn't matter because I will never see potential witnesses for the rest of my life. I now think "What if that's one of my student's that I just [insert rude or inconsiderate action here] to?"

This only applies to when I'm out in public. During my own private time I allow myself some slack to (somestimes) act like a child, be a little too loud, and generally let loose. Excuse me for living a little..


Get This

No comments: