Monday, May 31, 2010

#43 CDs are so passé

Share

I'm not fortunate enough to be able to teach at locations where I can use an iPod to play yoga tunes*. I still have to use good 'ol CD's at times. Problem is most of my CD's look like they were walked on by my cat for the past decade. The result is a never ending war against the CD player. I sometimes spend more time between secretly hoping the lost sections of music will miraculously turn up or having to FFWD or skip over lost-cause tracks. So I've made a decision: I'm buying a portable iPod dock. I no longer want to put my yoga music into the hands of a dead technology.

Here's where you come in: I need testimonials from real users to decide on which dock to buy. Please remember that although I've found success as a yoga instructor, my salary is not comparative to a successful stock broker. Budget matters. The dock must also be portable, light, and be useful in an average-sized room.

*When I first started teaching, I didn't play music during my classes. I find music can be a distraction (see war comment above). I often still don't play music during my workshops or private sessions. Quiet is bliss sometimes.
Get This

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kim,

I've had experience with this one, and I highly recommend it. Well priced for the quality that you get. And it comes with bag for portability.

http://store.apple.com/ca/product/H1549ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA1NA&mco=MTg3MDgxODA

It's tough to get a feel of these via the internet so going to the Apple Store really helped me when it came to choosing one. I'm really picky with these, so I went to a number of stores actually :)

Hope this helps!
Joel