Monday, May 10, 2010

#22 I need to take my own advice

Share

The joke around my house is "If your yoga students could see you now.."

I don't want to give the impression I have it all together. My ego still pokes it's head in once in awhile. I still get angry, worry, judge, eat chocolate to make myself feel better, and need a kick in the butt some days to stop feeling sorry for myself.

What I do think I have going for me is a better awareness. I notice when I am being judgemental and wanting to kill the person in front for cutting me off in traffic. I see when I'm wasting time and energy worrying about hypothetical situations. I know that desire to eat chocolate is often a warning light about something that isn't jiving in my life (but I eat it anyways because hey, its chocolate). I can tell when I'm not living in the moment because I bring up past stuff.

Like Jim Carrey mentioned in the video a few posts back, I know how things should be and I know what freedom feels like but there are days when I need to work harder to get back there. Where's there? Here. Now. Not there or then or when.

I always say a good teacher knows they are actually the student. Maybe the reason I write these posts is as a reminder to myself, for the days when I need to re-learn and heed my own advice.

Now, time to eat some chocolate..
Get This

No comments: