Saturday, May 29, 2010

#41 I crack myself up

Share


My yoga class isn't a success unless my students laugh. Truth be told, I don't consider my class a success unless I make myself laugh. It's not a difficult thing to do; give it long enough and I'm bound to do something ridiculous, worthy of self-amusement. I don't teach Laughter Yoga. I just live by the philosophy that life is too short not to have fun, in yoga class or otherwise.

I don't feel the need to take myself too seriously. It feels a heck of a lot better to laugh until I cry instead of holding back, staying in my head, and worrying about saying and doing the "right" things.

If you're not convinced, try it yourself. Smile right now, even if only on the inside. Feels good, no? When you smile, life becomes much easier. Ditto for yoga.


Get This

No comments: