Wednesday, April 21, 2010

#4 Keep a lint roller on hand at all times

Share

I clean my yoga clothes often enough. I keep them safely stashed away to avoid having them unexpectedly dirtied. I want them ready whenever the next class becons whether I'm teaching or taking a class. I do everything right to make myself presentable when I go out in public. But it's not enough.

You see, I have a dog. Not just any dog. A husky. A white husky. And what colour are most yoga pants? Black. At least my yoga pants are black. I choose black because in my backwards-thinking mind they are easier to keep clean. Except of course when you have a white husky.

I don't allow my dog into my closet. I don't allow my dog up on the furniture. I don't have cloth car seats because fur sticks to them. I do all these things in an attempt to keep the fur off of me but it's not enough.

I once had a guy, a stranger, walk up behind me at the gym water fountain and jokingly say "I see you brought your dog with you". I laughed politely but inside I was cursing!

So now I keep several lint rollers: a large one in the house, a second one in the car, a mini version in my bag. Even though I leave the house "furless" and feeling good about myself, somehow the stuff always follows me. My dog has taught me a valuable lesson: always have a lint-roller on hand...oh, and let go of perfection. No matter how hard you try, perfection will always elude you whether it be in a yoga pose or with trying to keep your clothes immaculate.

Don't get me wrong: I still keep the local shops in business by buying lint rollers.
Get This

No comments: