Thursday, April 29, 2010

#11 Change is hard

Share

I'm fortunate enough to have a following of students who have been with me for some years. It's inevitable that I sometimes have to go away on workshops, trainings, or beach vacations and when I do, I find the best replacement teacher I can for my classes.

I make a point of listening to my student's feedback when I return all in an effort to be a better teacher. However, there are some students who've become so comfortable with my style of teaching that that they don't do well when I'm away. No matter whom I get to replace me, even if it's B.K.S. Iyengar himself, they prefer me. I don't let it go to my head; their preferance has less to do about me and much more do to about them. Let's face it: many of us don't do well with change.

The best thing you can do for your yoga practice is to seek variety in your teachers. A fresh perspective can do wonders for your practice.


Get This

No comments: