Sunday, April 25, 2010

#7 Fashion matters

Share

Unless you're taking a nude yoga class, all the rage in some parts of North America, I'm of the belief you should keep yourself under wraps. Yoga clothing shouldn't be loose enough to expose your "undercarriage". I've heard stories from friends who, while practicing poses like Natarajasana or Dancer, were given a full view of the guy's wedding vegetables in front of them due to inappropriate clothing.

I'm sensitive to the fact that clothing malfunctions can happen. In a yoga class though one should take special care not to reoffend. I'm not preaching everyone should wear spandex. Loose-fitting clothing can be a blessing when trying to move comfortably through the poses. When clothing is so loose however you may as well not be wearing any, we have a problem. Think of others in class. Think of YOURSELF! Why would you want to spend the entire practice pulling up your itsy tube top or worrying about sweating through a white shirt?

I'm not a prude, I'm simply looking out for those student's of mine who appriciate the little mysteries in the world, or in a yoga class.

**Nude Yoga is growing in popularity these days. Check out this recent article about a studio in Montreal offering it's male clientele exclusively nude classes.
Get This

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHA, Thanks for posting my biggest pet peeve every yoga class. Maybe I can post this in my studio!

Kim McNeil said...

Feel free, Alyssa. Whatever helps ;)