Saturday, April 24, 2010

#6 Riding to yoga is dirty.

Share

In honour of Earth Day 2010 I made an effort to ride to my classes this week. Don't get my wrong, I've riden to work before but have seem to have fallen off the wagon as of late. Oh how I missed my bike!

It seems however to take me less time to ride to and from class than it does to pack up my stuff, lock my bike up, unpack my stuff, pack up again after class, and unlock my bike. I don't suspect this is the case for everyone but it is for me.

Did I mention the helmet hair? I'm pretty low maintenance but the one core essential required when riding to class, close second to a trusty bike lock, is a reliable headband. Don't go riding without one.

Oh, and prepare to get a little dusty if not dirty. My ride home last night was in rain, sleet, and wind. I was left sans rain jacket or windbreaker. When you live where I do, the ride out can be in spring and the ride back in winter. Preparation and layering is the key.

It's also nice to have warm, dry clothes and hot tea waiting for you when you get home.
Get This

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.

lifestyle

Kim McNeil said...

Thanks "Elendora"! I post little tid-bits from my experience as a teacher and student over the years. Keep checking back; I'll be posting more funnies soon!

K