Friday, April 23, 2010

#5 Always charge your iPod

Share

When I first started teaching, I never played music. Then I was asked by a student why I didn't. "Other teachers play music", they insisted. I broke down. I started playing music.

It took me years between buying my first "waves crashing on a beach, bells chiming" CD and getting tired of lugging around my CD case before making the switch to the iPod. Oh what a glorious day that was! No more worrying about scratched CDs. I had more space in my gym bag for important stuff like lip balm. I even had an excuse to use the iPod-designated pocket. I must admit, having some mellow vibes to drown out the karate-kicking/club-music/weight-room noise from other parts of the gym is a blessing. It's about creating ambiance where there isn't any.

The one drawback? Forgetting to charge said iPod.

Lesson learned: Don't forgot to charge your Nano or you'll be sure to hear about it from your students...
Get This

No comments: