Wednesday, December 1, 2010

#58 There's no time to make a holiday list

Share


Every Christmas I receive the same dreaded email from my boyfriend's family with the subject line "Time to send us your lists". Dreaded because I NEVER have a list ready nor am I ever close to having it ready. Every year I go through the same thought process: "I know they'll be wanting our lists soon so I had better get a jump start on mine so it's ready in time". It never makes a difference. My boyfriend and I are always the last of the family members to send out our lists. Luckily he's as big a procastinator as I am. It's a Christmas miracle we ever receive anything from his side of the family at all! I do rather appreciate their ability to send out their own lists early however as it makes it that much easier for me to get my holiday shoppping done on time. But I digress...

Partially I think it's a good thing I never have my list done. I'm usually so busy with teaching that I completely forget about writing up a list of my wants. There are more important things to do like helping the world have flexible hamstrings.

Then there's the flip side of the coin. I feel just a little bit selfish that I make my family wait to do their shopping. I know how inconvenient it can to brave the shopping mall at Christmas . I'm sure there's a positive correlation between shopping closer to the big day and the chance of you clubbing another shopper with your bag. I know for my family's sake I should get them my lists on time.

This year I thought why not share my list with you? In the days leading up to Christmas I'll post about my favorite things. Some of the things I already have and love, some I want, others I plan to give, and others still won't be 'things' at all. Check back soon to see my list.

I'd love to hear about the things you love to give and receive. Plus, I could really use your help with writing up my list.

Cartoon credit: toopthpastfordinner.com
Get This

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, me too! I'm always so late with my list. I get so busy finding things for everyone else that I forget. Can't wait to see what you want this year. :)