Saturday, January 8, 2011

# 60 Yoga rooms are like a box of chocolates

Share


Yesterday I went back to teaching one of my favorite classes after being off for a couple of weeks for the holiday break. I returned to find...an empty studio. What the @#$!?

Apparently without warning*, my class of 5+ years of which the last three had been taught in the same room had been switched locations. You can imagine the confusion: Students new and old were scattered around the large fitness facility. Half were waiting in the new room, half were aimlessly walking the halls like Lycra-clad zombies not knowing where to go. What an enlightened mess.

I fought the change tooth and nail while still trying to set a good example for my students . I wanted to do what every good yogi should do and go with the flow.

Because with yoga rooms as with your yoga practice, you never know what you're gonna get.

*To be fair, I had been told in advance about the change in a mass email sent prior to the holidays. I didn't read the fine print in the email, and thus didn't know of the change.

Photo credit: David Blaine of Voyager Photography taken at the beautiful Soul Connexion Studio in Calgary, AB.




Get This

No comments: