Friday, November 12, 2010

#55 Legwarmers are back

Share

I bought my first pair of legwarmers a couple of days ago from Roots Canada while on a day trip to Banff, Alberta. They were calling my name and were 25% off. How could I afford not to buy them?! I wasn't old enough to appreciate the last time these babies were in style. Good thing too because I would never have worn the fluo-coloured, outrageously in your face versions of the 80's.

Fast forward to 2010. The modern version of the legwarmer is dare I say a little more sofisticated, a little less garish, and lot less in your face with their delivery. Mine are grey knit organic cotton. How can it get any better than that? Plus, I've found the perfect use for them: keeping my shins toasty while I give myself a winter at-home pedicure, or while going to and from yoga on a cold Calgary day.

Don't judge me.

Lesson learned: Certain things deserve a second chance including legwarmers.

Let's take a poll: Are legwarmers here to stay or should they be banned forever? Have your say by commenting below.
Get This

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girrrl! They never went out for me! I LOVE legwarmers. :)