Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Day 1 - 2008 Iyengar Yoga Association of Canada AGM and Annual Conference with Geeta Iyengar

Share
Wednesday, April 30th, 2008

Kelowna & Penticton, BC - Even though the day was overcast, flying into Kelowna I could see the vineyards dotting the landscape. I arrived just before 7:30am local time. Four hours snoozing on a bench at the tiny airport made the eventual shuttle trip to my final destination, Penticton, all the more enjoyable. The sky cleared and the ride allowed for more sightseeing as we drove through Okanagan wine country; simply stunning. Construction slowed the ride to three times as long as usual, eating up most of the afternoon, but regardless, I knew this was going to be a wonderful few days. Only my third visit to the area, I quickly wondered, “Why don’t I live here?” Everything was alive and green. Spring is how it should be this time of year with crabapple trees in full bloom and tulips and daffodils showing their colours. Views from the hilltops are breathtaking.

As an Associate Member, a teacher working towards certification as an internationally reconized Iyengar Yoga Instructor, I was attending the of the Iyengar Yoga Association of Canada (IYAC) Annual General Meeting and Conference for the first time. For information on the IYAC, visit: http://www.iyengaryogacanada.ca/
Get This

No comments: