Tuesday, October 12, 2010

#51 Face plants hurt

Share

I knew it was going to end badly.

On this particular night I had already been practicing for a good hour when it happened. I pushed myself into the relm of the unknown, asking my body to do something it had never done before. What was I expecting, a miracle? Rarely does the first attempt at a new pose go well but I thought, "Why not, I'm going for it!" This was going to end badly.

BOOM.

Face plant into the shag carpet. I checked my nose. Seemed straight. No blood gushing out...yet. The first thing that came to mind: I KNEW that was going to happen. The second thing: I can't afford a nose job with my salary.

My other half must have thought we were under some military attack the way the upper floor shook from a 135-pound body crashing to the floor. This is it, head to the basement! Hope the emergency reserves get us through.

Lesson learned: If you think it's going to end badly, it probably will. Save your face; try a new pose another night.

Share your humbling yoga practice stories below. I'd love to hear them. Better yet: if you have pictures of the aftermath, share those too. (I once made a hole in the drywall. No pictures to prove it though.)




Get This

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The last face plant I remember was when my bf was taking photos of me in yoga poses on a huge rock. It was really cold and so windy and I kept pushing it. I wanted tricky things for the shots! My face ate rock when a big gust of wind came up during Eka Pada Koundinyasana I. Ouch!