Monday, November 16, 2009

Iyengar Workshop with Margot Kitchen, November 13-15th, 2009

Share
One of the many requirements for completion of my Iyengar Teacher Training was to attend a workshop this past weekend taught by my dear teacher, Margot Kitchen. I would have attended regardless but it's always a priviledge to skip to the head of the line when registering because you're teacher is, well, the teacher. I was late signing up and would have missed out on attending otherwise (sorry again for my tardiness, Margot).

As a trainee, I had to complete a workshop-related assignment which involved doing a review of the workshop: discuss the points that resonate with me, decide if there was a balanced class each day, discuss the use or lack of use of linking, pinpoint a theme if any to the weekend or to each day, and take note of anything else I thought was relevant.

Margot even offered to receive the trainees thoughts how the workshop could have been improved. A gracious gesture from a Senior Iyengar teacher with decades of experience!

My next few posts will discuss the above and give the sequence of classes from each day.

Stay tuned; there's more to come.
Get This

No comments: